Matlab Online is a limited version of Matlab, which you use through your web browser.
Complete Matlab installation, for your computer
If you want access to all of the University toolboxes in your privately owned computer, follow this instruction:
Step1: Order an Activation key
Log on to Helpdesk. Select "Matlab" in the menu, and "Request for license key".
Step 2: Download Matlab software
- Create a Mathworks account using your University email address at http://www.mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do
- Verify your e-mail address by clicking the link in the e-mail message that is sent to you.
- Type your name and select a password. Remember not to use the password that you use with your student account!
- Enter the Activation Key you recieved through step 1.
- Select Create
- Click on the license, and the download button for the current release.
- Select the installer suitable for your computer
Step 3: Install and activate Matlab
During this step you need to be logged on to your computer using an administrator account.
- Double click the installation software you downloaded in step 2.
If you use a Mac you must first unzip the installer, and then start the installation. The unzipped installation file is InstallForMacOSX.
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions. Use the Mathworks account you created in step 2, and type the Activation key you recieved in step 1.
- Select where you want to install the software, and which toolboxes you want to install.
- Make sure that the Activate MATLAB checkbox is checked and click Next.
- When asked to provide a user name, verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.
Once a year you need to reactivate your Matlab license. Follow this instruction.