Den här sidan är utskriven från Högskolan i Halmstads webbplats ( Texten uppdaterades senast den 2018-06-18. Besök webbplatsen om du vill vara säker på att läsa den senaste versionen.


In accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance, chapter 6, paragraph 6, it is the case that for students at higher education institutions in the country who have partly completed a course with a pass result, students have the right to be credited for completed components in the course at another higher education institution. This regulation is not however in force where there is a marked difference between the two courses.

The same rules apply to students who have partially completed a certain course with a pass result:

  • at universities or other higher education institutions in Denmark, Finland, Island or Norway or
  • those that are signatories of the Council of Europe's convention of 11th April 1997 with regards to the recognition of certificates relating to higher education in the European region or
  • at Nordic higher education institutions for public health studies.

Students have the right to be credited for courses other than the ones as stated in paragraph 6 if their knowledge and skills which they refer to in their application are of such a nature and extent that they make up in general the equivalent for which they are intended to be credited. Students may also receive credits for knowledge and skills which they have obtained as a result of work experience.

The University will evaluate whether a previous course or period of work experience can be approved for the purpose of crediting.

Only students and persons who have undergone a commissioned course as stated in paragraphs 6 and 7 of the ordinance (2002:760) relating to commissioned education at universities and university colleges can be considered for crediting for previous education at basic or advanced levels.

Regulations for crediting should be interpreted generously. A university's decision on the crediting of a previous course can be appealed against (chapter 12, Higher Education Ordinance) through the Appeals Committee for the university.

Central regulations

Higher Education Ordinanceexternal link (1993:100)
Ordinance on Contract Education at Higher Education Institutes external link(2002:760)

Updated 2018-06-18