Den här sidan är utskriven från Högskolan i Halmstads webbplats ( Texten uppdaterades senast den 2014-09-10. Besök webbplatsen om du vill vara säker på att läsa den senaste versionen.

Practical information


Studying abroad is quite challenging in itself, and for that reason you shouldn't forget to make sure you are well insured. Citizens of EU and EEA countries can obtain the E128 and E111 forms from the official health care authorities in their home countries. These forms give the students access to emergency care if they should fall ill while abroad. But these insurances only cover physical injuries and illnesses. Students from outside the EU must make sure that they have a sufficient health insurance. Medical care in Sweden is extremely expensive if you are uninsured.

It is also important to make sure you have a travel insurance and a comprehensive householder's insurance to protect your belongings while in Sweden. Should you fail to take out insurance before you come here, the Student Unionexternal link has an agreement with an insurance company for inexpensive but yet inclusive student insurance.

Before you can obtain your student computer identity and access card to the university you should be able to present an insurance certificate.


If you are dissatisfied with your courses, talk to your professor, your department or the International Office, they will try to help you solve the problem, or perhaps help you change courses. If that does not help, you can always talk to the Student Union'sexternal link student representatives.

If you're homesick, try talking to one of the UFO members or someone at the Student's Health Centre. They can help you find extracurricular activities or help you look into what might be missing in your current situation.

Updated 2014-09-10