Den här sidan är utskriven från Högskolan i Halmstads webbplats (www.hh.se). Texten uppdaterades senast den 2017-09-12. Besök webbplatsen om du vill vara säker på att läsa den senaste versionen.

2017-09-12

”I hope to be able to influence that the increasing extent and amount of research and education is run in close collaboration with the surrounding society and its citizens”, says Anders Nelson, new Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Halmstad University. Photo: ANDERS ANDERSSON

New Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Collaboration, Innovation and Internationalisation

Vice-Chancellor Stephen Hwang has appointed Anders Nelson as Deputy Vice-Chancellor, with the task of strengthening Halmstad University's work concerning collaboration, internationalisation and innovation. This assignment is the first of its kind for a Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Halmstad University. Anders Nelson will take office on October 1 this year, leaving his post as Dean of the School of Health and Welfare, a position he has held for six years. Recruitment of his successor is in progress.

”I see the further development of collaboration as an important field for the higher education sector. Halmstad University is already competent when it comes to collaboration; however, we can be even better”, says Stephen Hwang.

Strengthens the University

With the appointment of Anders Nelson, Vice-Chancellor Stephen Hwang wants to strengthen the position of Halmstad University as a collaborative and innovative institution, while at the same time making full use of Anders Nelson's long experience as a Dean as well as his involvement in change management at Halmstad University.

”Anders Nelson is very well suited for the job. He has been appreciated in his position as a leader, he knows the University well and he has developed both collaboration and international cooperation at the School of Health and Welfare. He has also worked with innovation issues, primarily linked to the field of health and welfare”, says Vice-Chancellor Stephen Hwang.

Three-Year Assignment

The position as Deputy Vice-Chancellor is a three-year post and comprises of 60 percent of full-time. For the remaining 40 percent, Anders Nelson will devote his time to research. He is both very pleased and honoured that Halmstad University considers him the person for the job.

”I hope to be able to influence that the increasing extent and amount of research and education is run in close collaboration with the surrounding society and its citizens. I want to pursue processes to enhance the shared understanding of the role of knowledge for the development of the public sector and business; as well as for the individual's own development and the development of a democratic society. It is good for us, in a structured way, to link both our own and the outside world's view of our role in society, and on the needs and requirements a university should fulfill”, he says

Recruitment of a New Dean

As stated above, the recruitment for a Dean of the School of Health and Welfare has begun. Until the position is filled, Malin Hallén, who is currently working as a head of department and Vice Dean, will be acting Dean of the School.

SELMA SEDELIUS

Footnote: In addition to the Vice-Chancellor of Halmstad University, there is a Pro Vice-Chancellor, Thorsteinn Rögnvaldsson who is responsible for research, and a Deputy Vice-Chancellor who is responsible for education, Pernilla Nilsson.

Anders Nelson is very well suited for the job. He has been appreciated in his position as a leader, he knows the University well and he has developed both collaboration and international cooperation at the School of Health and Welfare.

Vice-Chancellor Stephen Hwang

Updated 2017-09-12