Den här sidan är utskriven från Högskolan i Halmstads webbplats (www.hh.se). Texten uppdaterades senast den 2017-08-17. Besök webbplatsen om du vill vara säker på att läsa den senaste versionen.
The first Halmstad Summer School on Cyber-Physical Systems (HSSCPS) was held July 17–21 at Halmstad University. The summer school is intended for professionals from the industry and the academics – including doctoral students. During the HSSCPS 2017, participants from all over the world gathered to learn about key topics from prominent leaders in the field.
– We have been fortunate to have several excellent speakers and participants at this first edition, says Walid Taha, Professor in Computer Science and organiser of the summer school.
Henric Andersson was one of the speakers during HSSCPS 2017 and is an Aeronautical Engineer at SAAB Aeronautics. His lecture was about modeling and simulation of large scale integrated modular CPS.
– One example of a large scale cyber-physical system is the aircraft Gripen. Before you can fly, you need to simulate the flights. And since the technology is developing fast, the simulations become more and more necessary, but also more complex.
– The summer school had a good mix of topics and lectures. We also got a lot of time for networking, especially during the social events, which has been very good. I definitely recommend the HSSCPS for PhD students and industrialists in the field, says Henric Andersson.
Stefan Liu is a PhD student at Technische Universität (TU) in Munich. His doctoral thesis is about safety in human-robot interaction with a focus on cyber-physical systems methods. Stefan Liu was recommended by his supervisor at TU Munich to attend the summer school.
– It is not only the topic that is interesting and the high-quality speakers, but the people I met at HSSCPS. We could very well become colleagues in the future. The summer school has given me the opportunity to get to know people in the same field. We have had some really good discussion and I even got some ideas on the direction of my own research.
Jian Yang, an undergraduate student from Zhejiang University, has come to Halmstad University to work with Professor Walid Taha on a two-month internship. The summer school was the start of his stay in Halmstad.
– The school has been a very good way for me to learn more about cyber-physical systems, especially since the speakers’ present different aspects on the field. Besides the knowledge, I have also learnt the mindset of experts in the field.
– The overall response from both participants and speakers has been quite positive, and I expect that we will begin planning for a second edition shortly after the summer, says Walid Taha.
Note: A video with all the lectures from HSSCPS 2017 will be published soon.
Text: LOUISE WANDEL
Photo: LOUISE WANDEL (if nothing else is specified)