The director of doctoral studies is responsible for the practical issues related to the programme, such as:
- Ensuring that the progress of each doctoral student is followed up at least once a year, via Individual Study Plans and follow-up meetings;
- Taking the initiative for developing courses and organizing seminars;
- Taking the initiative for creating collaboration between research schools with regard to courses and seminars;
- Providing information regarding the courses and seminars within the research education;
- Providing adequate material and documents when the research education is to be evaluated.