Corona virus FAQ – newly admitted students
This page contains answers to frequently asked questions concerning international students who have been admitted for studies starting in autumn 2021.
The page will be updated regularly. Due to continuously changed regulations and directives from the Swedish Government, the Public Health Agency and decisions taken by the University, many questions cannot be answered at this time and some answers will change before the start of the semester. Please keep yourself updated on this page and our pages for admitted students in case there should be any changes.
Will the studies be campus-based or online-based during the autumn semester 2021?
I have been admitted but I will not be able to start my studies, what can I do?
I am worried I will not be able to come in time for the start of the semester, what can I do?
Will I be able to start my programme or course online in the autumn semester 2021?
Can I defer my studies if I cannot attend the University in autumn 2021, due to Covid-19?
Will I be reimbursed if choose not to study at Halmstad University this autumn?
Will I be reimbursed if I registered and/or attended online classes?
Will the tuition fee be repaid if my application for a residence permit is rejected?
Will the tuition fee be less if I choose to study the programme/course online?
Are there any restrictions affecting entering Sweden from another country?
Will I need to get tested and self-quarantine after arriving in Sweden?
When should I buy my tickets?
How is the residence permit application process affected?
Programmes and courses where online studies will be an option:
Programmes and courses where online studies will be an option for the first 10 weeks (study period 1, 15 credits):
- Master's Programme in Energy Smart Innovation in the Built Environment
- Master's Programme in Industrial Management and Innovation
- Master's Programme in Digital Service Innovation
- Master's Programme in Information Technology
- Master's Programme in Embedded and Intelligent Systems
- Master's Programme in Electronics Design
- Master's Programme in Network Forensics
- Master's Programme in Nordic Welfare
- Master's Programme in Strategic Entrepreneurship for International Growth
- Master's Programme in Mechanical Engineering
Programmes and courses where online studies will NOT be an option:
Please keep in mind that you should not register for courses/programmes that are only offered on campus until you are sure that you will be able to start your studies on campus.
- Master’s Programme in Applied Environmental Science
- Network Design and Computer Management
- Media, Communication and Lifestyle
- Research and Applied Work in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- To Work as an Applied Sport Psychologist, Group and Individuals