4 questions to the student and doctoral representative

Did you know that Halmstad University has a student and doctoral representative to help you if you experience any problems during your education? Lina Fagerberg explains in what ways she can assist you.

A woman I smiling as she is standing by a glass door.

Lina Fagerberg, student and doctoral representative at Halmstad University.

1. What is a student and doctoral representative?

The student and doctoral representative is working with students’ rights by keeping track of laws and regulations that applies to Halmstad University. I support students with advice if they experience any problems during their education. My task is also to ensure that all education is aligned with the quality standards and to encourage students to utilise their right to influence their situation.

2. What questions can students ask you?

Students can contact me with questions regarding almost anything. I can help you with inquiries regarding exams, whether it is a situation where you are not satisfied with the correction of the exam or if the results have been delayed. Some students contact me when they feel that they have been treated unfairly or discriminated. You can also contact me regarding questions related to physical or psychosocial working environment at Halmstad University.

My job is to protect your rights as a student and to represent you in situations where you are not comfortable.

3. In what ways can you help the students?

If you, as a student, do not know your rights and obligations, I can explain these in a simple way. My job is to protect your rights as a student and to represent you in situations where you are not comfortable, for example in negotiations with your teacher. Of course, as a student, you can be anonymous if you wish.

4. How can students contact you?

There are several ways to get in touch with me. Either you send an e-mail, give me a call or visit the student Union during my drop-in times. As the Student Union's reception is closed due to the corona virus, my drop-in services are currently cancelled until further notice. On the Student Union's website, there is also a questions form to fill in, if you prefer to contact me that way. I aim to make it as easy as possible for you to get in touch with me so I can assist you anyway I can.