On the University’s printers, you can print A4 and A3 documents. Make sure that you have money on your printing account first. If you need to print a larger number of pages or print larger than A3, please visit the Caretaker’s office in Q Building for assistance.
Printing from different devices
Here you can find information on where the printers on campus are located and how to print documents from the University's computers and from your own unit.
Printers on campus
University Library (M Building): ground floor (2 colour printers, 1 black)
Q Building: floor 3 outside Q305 (black)
R Building: floor 3, R3335 (colour)
Sending files from another email address
If you wish to send files to a printer from an email address other than your address in Student Ladok, you will first need to add the new address via the printing system. You can only do this from a university computer.
- Log in to the printing system External link, opens in new window..
- Choose Identities and Add identity.
- Type the email address you want to print from in Value.
- Select close window.
- Log out from the printing system by closing the web browser.
- You will receive a confirmation email to the address you named.
Collecting prints at the printer
To collect your print, you will need to log in to the printer and activate the print – only then will the printer process your print.
How to collect prints
If you want to change language on the printer, simply press on the grey box featuring figure-like circles, next to the University logo.
- Log into the printer
- Place your access card on the printer and enter your access card code on the printer keypad, or
- click on AD Login and log in using your student account via the printer’s screen.
- Select “Secure print” if you are printing from a university computer or your own device.
- In the list, mark the name of the file you wish to print (the most recent is at the bottom of the list)
- Select colour or black and white, single or double-sided, stapling or hole punching (under Options)
- Select Print+Delete. The queued file is sent to the printer and money is deducted from your account.
- If you wish to cancel your print, you can either remove it using the Delete button or choose not to activate your queued print on the printer. It will then disappear after a period of around twelve hours, and you will not be charged.
- Select Access stored files (Åtkomst lagr. filer) if you print from a USB stick. (the file format must be PDF, tiff or jpg.)
- Place the USB stick in the plug to the right of the control panel
- Select Access stored files (Åtkomst lagr. filer)
- Mark the document you wish to print (the latest print job is furthest down)
- You may select to have your printout in colour, simplex/duplex, stapled or punched.
- Select Print.
- The print job will be sent to the printer and your account will be debited.
As a student, you have a printing account, linked to your user, which you can top up with money in order to print on campus. You pay for the prints or copies in advance; ensure you have the money on your printing account before you print.
Card payment or Swish
You can add funds to your printing account by card or Swish in Service Center and at the University Library. The minimum amount to top up is SEK 50. The money is taken from your printing account when you collect the prints in the printer. This means that you need to add funds in advance.
When you are logged into the printer, you can also see how much money you have left on your printing account.
Prices for prints and copies
The prices apply to both copying and printing and provide no profit to the University.
Black and white prints
- A4, one-sided: SEK 1
- A4, double-sided: SEK 1,70
- A3, one-sided: SEK 1,50
- A3, double-sided: SEK 2,70
- A4, one-sided: SEK 5
- A4, double-sided: SEK 9,70
- A3, one-sided: SEK 8
- A3, double-sided: SEK 15,70
Print at the Caretaker's office
At the caretaker's office in Q Building, you can get help with ordinary prints, copies and large format colour prints.
The caretaker's office counter is currently closed
Due to the current restrictions, the caretaker's office can only be reached by phone from Monday-Friday between 8 am and 11:30 am.
Phone: 035-16 71 10
Ordering large format colour prints
The University’s large format prints are in 200 gram semi-gloss photo paper and measure 50x70 cm or 70x100 cm. The prints cost SEK 140 and SEK 200 respectively.
- Save the file (study-related material) you wish to print as a PDF and hand it in to the caretaker’s office on a USB stick.
- You pay when placing your order, but you do not use the money on your printing account.
- Delivery time is six working days, or as agreed..
- When the printing is done, you can collect it at the caretaker’s office.
If you are going to print out a poster which your teacher has pre-ordered and which will be paid for by the university, you can send the file to email@example.com. Enter the name of the teacher as the reference.
Resolution and size of the PDF
The resolution of the pixel graphics in your document should be 150 DPI for both large formats. If you want to check whether the resolution is high enough, you can zoom to 400% in your computer to get a rough idea of what the print will look like. A test print in colour on A4, which looks good at arm’s length, also looks quite good in 70 x 100 cm when seen on a wall.
Settings for your PDF
- Select File/Print or File/Export, then Adobe PDF (or equivalent).
- Select the “High Quality Print” preset and then under “Compression” or “Images”, change to “Downsample pictures –150 dpi”. This will give your document a reasonable file size. The size of a PDF file for a poster in 70 x 100 cm format is normally between 1 and 4 MB.
Printing costs at the Caretaker's office
- Black and white printer (80 g copy paper)
- A4: SEK 2/page up to 20 pages
- A4: SEK 0,90/page subsequent pages
- A3: SEK 2/page
- Colour printer (120 g glossy paper)
- A4, colour print: SEK 4/page
- A4, only black: SEK 2/page
- 200 g paper: +SEK 1/leaf
- 250 g paper: +SEK 1/leaf
- A3: SEK 8/page
- Large format
- 50x70 cm: SEK 140
- 70x100 cm: SEK 200
- Glue binding: SEK 20/piece
- Lamination, A4: SEK 9/piece
- Lamination, A3: SEK 16/piece