Credit transfer

You have the right to apply for credit transfer from previous studies, either in a Swedish or foreign educational institution. This means that if you have passed courses at Halmstad University or any other university, which correspond to one or more of the courses within your current studies, you can apply to transfer these credits.

In other words, you do not have to take a course if you already have passed a corresponding course before. In order for us to be able to make an assessment of credit transfer, you must be admitted to and study at Halmstad University. If you are planning to take a degree here, you should apply for credit transfer well in advance before you have finished your studies so that you have the credit in place when applying for a degree.

If you want to get a general degree, you can add courses from other educational institutions without applying for credit transfer.

If you want to transfer credits from any education outside of the higher education system, such as older education, a special assessment must first be made to see if the education corresponds to higher education standards as it is applied today.

You must be able to show that you have passed the course you want to transfer credits from. The original grade from the educational institution where the course was taken will be transferred when a credit transfer is done.

Application of credit transfer

  • Fill in the application form for credit transfer. Attach the necessary documents. If the documents below are missing, your application is incomplete and will not be processed.
    • Study certificate from Student Ladok. There it will be stated which course you want to transfer credits from and the number of credits the course consists of.
    • Course description of the course that you have passed previously, for example course syllabus.
    • Literature list for the course you have passed previously
  • In order for us to be able to test a credit transfer, you must be able to show that you have received the least approved at the course or equivalent. Thus, your grade is not set when applying for credit, but by the former university in connection with the course being completed.

Decision on credit transfer

The decision on full or partial approval or rejection of the credit transfer is based on the application documents that you have submitted. If you do not submit all the necessary documents, your application for credit transfer will not be processed. It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that your application is complete. The application for credit transfer is processed as soon as possible we have received the complete application.

After the transferred credits have been entered into Student Ladok, certificates are sent by post and the documents are registered.