Since the summer of 2020, the University no longer provides CES Edupack for students through the student account. If you want to use CES Edupack, you can access their material yourself via the link below. CES Edupack contains a unique set of teaching resources that support Materials Education across Engineering, Design, Science and Sustainable Development.
CES Edupack for students External link.
ClaroRead is a software that facilitates you reading and writing, with functions such as out loud reading of texts and modification of text- and background colours in documents. There is also a function for correct spelling where the words are read out loud while writing. As a student at Halmstad University you get access to ClaroRead via the platform Skolon.
Application for login to Skolon
Grammarly Premium is a great tool that you can use when you are writing texts in English. Grammarly works both in your browser and as an app. Accounts in Grammarly are assigned through Helpdesk, for example when a teacher has applied for an entire class. If and when you as an individual student need an account, you can send in your own application via the link below.
Keep in mind that individual student accounts in Grammarly that are older than three months will be deleted in August every year. This means that you must re-apply for a license if you are still a student and want to keep your Grammarly account.
Apply for a Grammarly account
GX Works 2
Via the link below you can download GX Works, software used within the area of automatic control.
Download GX Works 2 External link, opens in new window. (login is required)
IAR Embedded Workbench
Here you can download a free trial version of IAR Embedded Workbench, a development environment for different circuits/processors.
Download IAR Embedded Workbench External link.
This page only provides files for products covered by the site license of Mathematica at Halmstad University. There is no difference in functionality between this version and the one running at the University computer network other than the names "Mathematica for Students"/"Mathematica" and license numbers. You may not use this Student Version for commercial purposes and when you leave Halmstad University you are kindly asked to remove it from your computer. You may only install this version on one computer.
Student License L4558-8685 at Halmstad University.
Hands-on-start Mathematica External link.
Mathematica screencasts External link.
- First you need to create an account at the Wolfram User Portal.
- Wolfram User Portal External link.
- Use your Halmstad University email address as your “Wolfram ID” in order to personalize your installation of Mathematica. Select a password of your choice – make sure not to use the same one as for your student account at the University!
- Press the "Create Account" button. Follow the instructions.
- You must verify your account through a link in an e-mail sent to you from Wolfram.
- Go to the Wolfram User Portal. Download the Mathematica media according to your computer platform.
- Run the installation media file. Copy and paste the activation key into the installation request panel.
- You should now be up and running. Enjoy!
Your Mathematica will run until the license expiration date stated in the Wolfram User Portal. This coincides with the major date of contract renewal between Halmstad University and Wolfram Research. The contract is normally extended beyond that date, one year at a time. In that case, you need a new activation key. If not sent to you automatically by email from Wolfram, you find yourself a new one as above.
Contact: Bertil Nilsson