Search among our professors, teachers and other associates
Sylvana Sofkova Hashemi
School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
Professor in Digital Learning, PhD in Computational Linguistics. Aim of my research is to advance understanding for the changed text and media landscape in a synergy between language, technology and learning. My research is devoted to investigate language use and students' development of textual and multimodal competences needed for them to acquire as future citizens. Based on practice-oriented approaches, attention is made to analysis and development of technology-mediated teaching to suport this development in relation to content, pedagogy and other frames influencing design for learning.
Recent research concerns design-based methods and how flexible learning environments of new build schools influence teaching from spatial and digital perspectives. I'm also involved in research on mobile use of newly arrived migrants in respect to language and cultural learning and social inclusion.
Previous research concerns the use, development and adaptation of language tools to support reading and writing acquisition. I have studied the use of grammar checkers in primary school and developed methods for automatic detection of grammatical deviations in primary students’ word processing. Applying thinking-aloud methodology I have studied the use of proofing tools in word processing when students' revise their texts. Further, I have managed a project studying children and youth’s language use in school and in social media.
- 2016-2018 Minclusion - Integration with mobiles, funded by: Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF),
- 2012-2015 DILS - Digitala arenas in literacy practices in early primary school, funded by: Marcus & Amalia Wallenbergs Foundation
- 2022-2024 Teachers' meta knowledge and assessment practices in digital, multimodal learning environments
- 2020-2023 DigiFLEX: Didaktisk design i samverkan - rummets betydelse i ny skolverksamhet, finansiär: Utveckling, Lärande, Forskning (ULF) för praktiknära forskning
- 2011-2014 GNU - Gränsöverskridande Nordisk Undervisning (Cross-border Nordic Education), funded by: Interreg-Europeen Regional Development Fund