Framework development for AI implementation in healthcare
The project aims to create a framework to support implementation of AI- applications in healthcare settings. The framework will help healthcare organizations to plan and prepare for AI implementations to ensure their sustainable adoption in everyday practice, and eventually to achieve better patient outcomes.
The framework is developed through scientific research in the form of case studies, stakeholder interviews, and literature reviews under the umbrella of the CAISR Health research program. To further improve, the draft framework shall be consulted with the industry professionals. Lastly, the framework shall be tested in real-life settings.
About the project
- Jens Nygren, Professor
- Petra Svedberg, Professor
Other participating researchers
- Monika Nair, Postdoctoral Position
- Per Nilsen, Visiting Professor
- Margit Neher, Visiting Senior Lecturer
- Julie Reed, Visiting Professor
- Ingrid Larsson, Senior Lecturer
- Lena Petersson, Senior Lecturer
- The Knowledge foundation
- Svedberg, P., Reed, J.E., Nilsen, P., Barlow, J., Macrae, C., Nygren, J.M. (2022). Towards successful implementation of artificial intelligence in healthcare practice: A research program. JMIR Research protocols. 11(3):e34920 doi:2196/34920 External link.
- Sharma, M., Savage, C., Nair, M., Larsson, I., Svedberg, P., and Nygren, J.M. Artificial Intelligence Applications in Health Care Practice: A Scoping Review. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 24 (10). Doi: 2196/40238 External link.
- Nilsen, P., Reed, J.E., Nair, M., Savage, C., Macrae, C., Barlow, J., Svedberg, P., Larsson, I., Lundgren, L., and Nygren, J.M. Realizing the Potential of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Learning from Intervention, Innovation, Implementation and Improvement Sciences. Frontiers in Health Services, section Implementation Science, 2:961475.
- Nilsen, P., Svedberg, P. Nygren, J.M., Frideros, M., Johansson, J., Schueller, S. (2022). Accelerating the impact of artificial intelligence in mental healthcare through implementation science. Implementation Research and Practice. 3: 1–10.
- Petersson, L., Larsson, I., Nygren, J.M., Reed, J.E., Nilsen, P., Neher, M., Tyskbo, D., and Svedberg, P. (2022). Healthcare leaders’ perspectives on implementation of Artificial Intelligence: A qualitative study with healthcare leaders in Sweden. BMC – Health services research, 22:850. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-08215-8 External link.
- Gama, F., Tyskbo, D., Nygren, J.M., Barlow, J. Reed, J.E., and Svedberg, P. (2022). Implementation Frameworks for Artificial Intelligence Translation Into Health Care Practice: Scoping Review. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 24,1. doi:2196/32215 External link.