Mental health in young adult cancer survivors
Acute lymphocytic leukemia is the most common form of cancer in children and mainly affects children aged 2-4 years. The improved treatment outcomes over the past 40 years have increased the importance of developing knowledge, methods and resources to support childhood cancer survivors during their upbringing, transition to adulthood and establishment as independent individuals in society.
About the project
Other participating researchers:
- Susann Arvidsson, universitetslektor omvårdnad, Högskolan i Halmstad
- Katarina Aili, universitetslektor, Högskolan i Halmstad
- Petra Svedberg, professor i omvårdnad, Högskolan i Halmstad
- Sahlgrenska akademin
- Health related quality of life in adults treated for paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a cross-sectional and longitudinal cohort study. Aili K., Arvidsson S., Olsson M., Jarfelt M., Nygren J.M. BMJ Open. 2022;12:e048325.
- Health related quality of life and buffering factors in adult survivors of acute pediatric lymphoblastic leukemia and their siblings. Aili K., Arvidsson S., Nygren JM. 2021. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 19:55
- Support from healthcare services during transition to adulthood - young adult survivors’ experiences of pediatric cancer. Svedberg P, Einberg E, Wärnestål P, Stigmar J, Castor A, Enskär K, Nygren JM. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2016. 21:105-12.
- 'Through my eyes': health-promoting factors described by photographs taken by children with experience of cancer treatment. Einberg EL, Nygren JM, Svedberg P, Enskär K. Child Care Health Dev. 2016. 42(1):76-86.
- Friendship relations from the perspective of children with experience of cancer treatment: a focus group study with a salutogenic approach. Einberg EL, Svedberg P, Enskär K, Nygren JM. J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2015. 32(3):153-64.
- Psychometric evaluation of a Swedish version of Minneapolis-Manchester quality of life-youth form and adolescent form. Einberg EL, Kadrija I, Brunt D, Nygren JM, Svedberg P. 2013. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 11:79.