Health Data Sweden
Digital health can make healthcare safer and more efficient, and provide high-quality care. For digital health to reach its potential, it is vital that innovators and providers gain from the benefits of health data. EDIH Health Data Sweden (HDS) will support this by providing services that enable SMEs and the public sector to improve health data use, while also improving access to it.
With a mature ecosystem of 18 partners active in the field, HDS will contribute to secure digital health services of the future, with focus on health data and high-quality, accessible and sustainable healthcare/welfare services for European citizens.
HDS integrates two EDIH candidates (HDS and Health Innovation of Sweden) from Stage 1 of the call into one with a nationwide system of services for SMEs, small mid-caps and the public sector. The aim is to cover the complete value chain in digital health, allowing users to benefit by covering entry-level users and services related to health data as well as more complex development aimed at preparing for future development of the field.
HDS is a hub composed of regions, universities, innovation hubs, research institutes and science parks, all playing a leading role in Swedish and European healthcare. The goal is to have 1 700 Swedish and 200 European SMEs/mid-caps, and 455 Swedish and 95 public-sector organisations utilising our services by end of the 3-year project.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH, coordinator); Blekinge Digital Health Blue Science Park (BDH); Bron Innovation (BI); Compare/DigitalWell Arena (DWA); EIT Digital (EITD; EIT Health Scandinavian CLC (EITH); Future Position X/Geolife Region (FPX/GLR); Halmstad University/Leap for Life (HU); Karolinska Institutet (KI); Linnaeus University (LNU); Livsmedicin Region Västerbotten (LM); Region Stockholm (RS); Region Kalmar län/ eHealth Arena (eHA); RISE; Stockholm University (SU); Stockholm Science City (SSCi); STUNS Life Science (STUNS) and Uppsala University (UU).
About the project
- Digital Europe Programme (DIGITAL)
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH, coordinator)
- Blekinge Digital Health Blue Science Park (BDH)
- Bron Innovation (BI)
- Compare/DigitalWell Arena (DWA)
- EIT Digital (EITD)
- EIT Health Scandinavian CLC (EITH)
- Future Position X/Geolife Region (FPX/GLR)
- Halmstad University/Leap for Life
- Karolinska Institutet (KI)
- Linnaeus University (LNU)
- Livsmedicin Region Västerbotten (LM)
- Region Stockholm (RS)
- Region Kalmar län/ eHealth Arena (eHA)
- RISE; Stockholm University (SU)
- Stockholm Science City (SSCi)
- STUNS Life Science (STUNS)
- Uppsala University (UU)
Involved partnets in Halland:
- Leap for Life
- Health Data Centre
- HighFive Framtidsarena
- Högskolan i Halmstad
- Region Halland
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology coordinates. Contact person at Halmstad University is Ann-Christine Hertz External link. at Leap for Life.